Google Android TV reference RCU
The Google Android TV™ remote control (RCU) reference designs, announced September 2020, was co-developed with Google based on our partner Bluetooth Low Energy v5.0 SoC.
The RCU reference design comes in production-ready case designs in two standard colors, with a fully integrated software solution, completed RF approvals for a significant number of countries across the globe, and are pre-certified to Google’s remote-control requirements. The G10 and G20. The G10 series includes 22 keys, the G20 series includes 38 keys, and both feature our Bluetooth Low Energy SoC and approved color contrasts. The reference layout features a dedicated shortcut button for the Google TV Watchlist and buttons for Google Assistant, live TV, YouTube, and Netflix.
The Google Android TV™ reference remote control (RCU) design is also available as an open source platform of SoCs, PCB schematics, Layout and Application SW are all available on the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP) By copying exactly the design the manufacturer can build a fully certified Google Android TV™ RCU in a matter of weeks, or as the design is open source customization of features and functions can rapidly be made to meet the individual broadcaster or manufacturers requirement.
The remote controls’ hardware design uses our Bluetooth® Low Energy SoC as its primary control chip, and the remotes’ jointly developed firmware has been pre-certified by Google TV. We offer both PCB design schematic and layout, along with a functional reference design SDK and firmware. The reference designs are RF certification in numerous countries around the world, ensuring the designs’ widespread usability and giving original equipment manufacturers the ability to quickly go to market with the latest products.
- 32bit, 48Mhz MCU
- 512kB Flash
- 64kB on-chip SRAM / 32kB retention
- RF transceiver:
- BLE 5.1 Compliant, 1Mbps, 2Mbps, Long Range 125kbps and 500kbps
- Rx Sensitivity:
- -96.5dBm@BLE 1Mbps
- -94dBm @ BLE 2Mbps mode
- Tx output power: up to +10dBm
- Power management:
- 1.8V~3.6V with Battery monitor for low battery voltage detection, USB 4.5~5.5V
- Power performance:
- RX: 5.3mA with DCDC, 10mA with LDO
- TX: 4.8mA @ 0dBm with DCDC,9.5 with LDO
- Deep Sleep with SRAM retention ~0.4uA
- Digital and Analog interfaces:
- Up to 32GPIOs
- DMIC (Digital Mic), Dual AMIC (Analog Mic)
- I2S, Stereo Audio output
- SPI, I2C, USB, Swire
- UART with hardware flow control and 7816 protocol support
- Up to 6 channels of differential PWM
- IR transmitter with DMA
- 14-bit 10-channel ( Only GPIO input) SAR ADC, Temperature sensor
- Hardware OTA upgrade and multiple boot switch, allowing convenient product feature roll outs and upgrades
- Package 8271 48-pin TQFN 7x7x0.75mm, QFN32,QFN24, -40 – to – 85C